Friday, April 29, 2011

My Favorite Salad

This is one of my favorite times of year...because Strawberries are in season! I love to use strawberries in salads, particularly in a Spring Mix Salad topped with crumbled goat cheese and my favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette. Have you tried Ken's Steakhouse Creamy Balsamic? It's awesome!

The ingredients are as follows: Spring Mix salad greens, thinly sliced ripe strawberries, crumbled chevre (goat cheese), and a drizzle of Balsamic Vinaigrette. You could also add sliced almonds, red onions, or homemade croutons.

On this particular day I didn't have any leftover bread for croutons, so I melted a bit of butter and olive oil in a pan and toasted some panko, seasoned with a sprinkle of parsley and oregano. It added a crunchy texture to the salad that we really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment