Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Miniature Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream

After some chaos, more than I would have liked, my counter tops are installed and my kitchen faucet is finally fully functioning! Yay! Yesterday was the first day that everything got put back in its rightful place and I finally had room to maneuver around my newly beautified kitchen. So, of course, I was in the mood for a little bit of baking. Today Garrison and I had a Easter Egg Hunt to attend with a mommy group from our church. I wanted to make something extra special. I scanned my refrigerator looking for some inspiration and stumbled upon the jar of raspberry preserves I used in my Lemon & Poppy Seed Bread with Raspberry Swirl last week. Light bulb! I decided to try my hand at some Raspberry Buttercream Frosting. I couldn't think of anything more delicious and cute to frost than miniature chocolate cupcakes.

The Miniature Cupcakes were straight from a box of cake mix. Now and then I enjoy making a cake from scratch, but you'd be surprised that a box cake mix can be moist and delicious, as long as you follow the directions and are careful not to over bake. My mom and dad make the best wedding cake I've ever tasted...and people are always amazed when they tell them that it came from a box. 


Raspberry Buttercream

1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
5 tbsp. Raspberry Preserves
4 -4 1/2  cups confectioners' sugar

Whip butter, shortening, and vanilla extract in a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. While it's mixing, place raspberry preserves in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on about 50% power for 15 second intervals until the preserves can easily be stirred and are liquid. Add confectioners' sugar and preserves to creamed mixture and whip at medium-high speed for about 5 minutes. 

Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes. I placed my frosting into a large Ziploc bag, squeezed out the air, cut off the tip, and swirled atop my cupcakes.



look at my pretty quartz countertops!


No comments:

Post a Comment