Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Sundae



I got this awesome idea from a recipe booklet included with my last edition of Parenting magazine. These treats are simple and fun...not to mention a great way to impress your friends! The process is very simple. Line a muffin tin with foil cupcake liners. Melt some white chocolate chips. Use the back of a spoon to spread chocolate over the bottom and up the sides of each liner. Freeze, and add a second coat of melted chocolate if the first coat appears too thin. In about 5 minutes you'll be able to pull back the foil and you'll be left with these adorable white chocolate bowls. If you're having company you could easily prepare the bowls and even scoop the ice cream in them ahead of time. Pull them out of the freezer let your guests top with their favorite toppings. I'm sure the folks at Parenting intended these great little treats to be fun for the kiddos...but in our house they are much more appreciated grown-ups! Especially when they are  filled with rich coffee ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Ok I am so trying this over Easter, I might try it with dark chocolate, have you ever done dark over the white?
    By the way, on your description of your blog you leave out that you did an AWESOME job as our church secretary, Margery! That is no small task and you did it really well.
    Ok seriously I want to make all of your recipes, ahhh if only there was more time. Love your blog!
    Oh yeah that crafty blog I was telling you about that I love is:
    www.dana-made-it.com
    Take care!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, in fact I tried it with Dark Chocolate last night and they turned out great! Billy's not a bit fan of White Chocolate, so he liked them even better. Thanks for the blog address, I'm definately going to check that out.

    ReplyDelete