Tuesday, June 14, 2011

As Easy as Pie

   If you're looking for something simple (no measuring required!), refreshing, and delicious I've found your pie! And, have I mentioned that this is low-fat? Use it as an excuse and have some dessert!
    I stumbled upon this yummy recipe yesterday when I was trying to find something to pair with the Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos we were having for dinner. I didn't even read over the recipe, I just put the few ingredients on my list and went to town.  As usual, I spent way to long shopping and was scrambling to make dinner before everyone got really cranky. I didn't even think about dessert again until dinner was completed and dishes were done...but I didn't really need to. It was that easy!

Low-Fat Key Lime Pie
adapted from Epicurious

1 graham cracker crust (store bought or homemade)
1 small box of Lime flavor sugar free gelatin
1/4 c. boiling water
1 8 oz container of fat free whipped topping
4 (6 oz.) key lime pie flavor yogurts
1 lime, zested
Additional whipped topping for garnish (optional)

Stir Lime Gelatin into boiling water until completely dissolved. Whisk in 4 containers of yogurt and whipped topping and mix well. Stir in most of the lime zest, reserving a bit for garnish (optional). Pour mixture into your prepared crust and chill for about 2 hours. Serve with additional whipped topping and garnish with a small lime wedges (optional). Enjoy!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment