Friday, May 27, 2011

Tri-Tip and Gouda Mashed Potatoes

Wow, I can't believe it's already Friday...and almost a week since my last post. I need to share the best Tri-Tip recipe. It's a dry-rub seasoning as well as a garlic, red wine vinaigrette, and garlic mixture that gets basted onto the meat while it's cooking. Literally, the best tri-tip we've ever made. Unfortunately, it's not my recipe and I didn't tweak or adapt it at all, so I'm just going to share the link. Did you know that tri-tip was made popular on the California central coast?  It is our favorite thing to barbecue. I can remember wanting to make it when we lived in  Hawaii and it was no where to be found. I wonder if it's more popular now. What I will share with you is my side recipe for Gouda Smashed Potatoes. Smoky Gouda and Garlic mixed into Creamy Smashed Red Potatoes make a delicious side to anything BBQ.

Click the link for Tri-Tip Recipe

Gouda Smashed Potatoes
8 medium red potatoes, cubed
1 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic
1/3 c. of butter
1/3 c. sour cream
1/2 c. shredded Gouda cheese
1 tsp. of granulated chicken bouillon seasoning
salt and ground pepper to taste
2 tbsp of finely chopped chives

Peel and cube potatoes and place in a pot covered with water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and add garlic, butter, sour cream, Gouda, and bouillon. Smash potatoes well with a potato masher and stir to make sure everything is well incorporated. Add chives and season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment